Date:      Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:34:59 +0200
From:      "Noor Dawod" <noor@comrax.com>
Subject:   Bus error / Segmentation fault.

Hello all,

I've installed FreeBSD 4.1-RC this morning successfully, and it works
perfectly.
I've then isntalled mysqld with patches successfully, Apache + PHP. I'm
doing all of that on a development server we have internally.

Then, I've started benchmarking mysqld performance using RadView's WebLoad
application, just to send requests to the Apache server which in turn uses
connections to mysql databases.

Using mysqld's startup parameters, and with 20 max servers of Apache (each
can serve 50 connections max), the mysqld starts dying with "Bus error" and
"Segmentation fault" errors, and then restarting from safe_mysqld.

Now.. I've seen mysqld run on Solaris boxes and never dying even on high
loads, which brings me to the question: who's killing mysqld? Is it FreeBSD
that kills mysqld because it's taking more resources than normal, or is it
mysqld that kills itself?

If you have any idea, advises, and why mysqld dies on FreeBSD (and not on
Solaris), please share it with us.

Thanks...

Noor