Date:      Mon, 31 Oct 2005 13:29:44 -0800
From:      Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   IPv6 for www.freebsd.org

As I mentioned in my previous post, I have been using earthlink's IPv6
experiment to get an IPv6 connection at home. I am therefore trying to use
it as much as possible to see what works, and what breaks. FreeBSD makes it
fairly easy to do that, but it's fairly hard to get to the web site over v6.
 Admittedly there is a list of v6-capable mirrors on the front page, and
they work fairly well. However, I think it would be nice to pick one or two
of those sites and add the AAAA record to www.freebsd.org.

I have been simulating this in my hosts file using the first US mirror site,
and haven't run into any problems yet. I think it would be a step in the
right direction for us to support v6 for our site "out of the box."

Thoughts?

Doug