Date:      Mon, 8 Apr 1996 23:45:38 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Daniel Eriksson <daniel@icon.pp.se>
To:        deischen@iworks.InterWorks.org, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Announcing a port/package of NEdit

On Mon, 8 Apr 1996, Daniel M. Eischen wrote:

> I made a port and package out of nedit-4.0.1, a very good X11/Motif-based
> editor. [...]
> I provided a version, statically linked with the Motif libraries, so you
> will not need Motif to use it.

The port installed without problems, but the program itself refuses
to start on anything but CURRENT (it's looking for libc.so.3.0).

An ugly (but working) solution is to make a symbolic link from
libc.so.2.2 (STABLE) or libc.so.2.0 (RELEASE?) to libc.so.3.0.

Could someone please tell me if this (the symbolic link) will give
me any strange problems?

--
Daniel Eriksson, daniel@icon.pp.se