Date:      Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:12:22 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Guy Silliman <gws@mgp.marygreen.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCCard: Help?

Hello... I've run in to a brick wall configuring a Dell Inspiron FBSD 3.2 for pccard support.
Let me first say that I have reviewed the archives and attempted all suggested solutions to this issues,
and have yet to see any improvements.

The laptop uses the TI pcmcia card controller, and although it knows that there are 2 slots at boot time,
the IRQ comes in as 255?!?...  I attempted setting that via the loader.conf file, but that never made a
difference.

Additionally, I have tried Kernel loaded pcic support, also the kld version... no difference, when
pccardc attempts to talk to the cards, it errors with /dev/card0 not configured, and pccardd errors with
no slots..

I have a 3c589d, and a motorola mobilesurfer which I'd like to get working...

Anyone have any suggestions how to get the basic card services going, I think I understand the remaining
setup...

Thanks
Guy