Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 1999 16:10:36 -0500
From:      "Person, Roderick" <personrp@ccbh.com>
To:        'Joseph Scott' <joseph.scott@owp.csus.edu>
Cc:        'Haikal Saadh' <wyldephyre2@yahoo.com>, Chris Coleman <chrisc@vmunix.com>, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: BSD software [was Re: The Bazaar part II]

	>	Take a look at the packages collection, these are prebuilt
binaries
	> based on the ports collection.
Ok, maybe I'm just not clear enough. I know about the ports collections. I
use it religiously. But, there has to be apps for freeBSD that exist outside
of the ports collections. My favorite mail app from Linux doesn't exist
anywhere on a FreeBSD, not in the ports not in the packages. But, the Home
page of the apps suggested that it has be compile against FreeBSD. So, I
download the source and compiled it for FBSD. I'm just suggesting a FreeBSD
centric site that includes such apps that aren't found anywhere on
FreeBSD.org in a binary and source package - not necessarily a FreeBSD
package, maybe just a binary tar.

I think were arguing for the same thing but with different formats.