Date:      Sat, 10 Aug 1996 20:02:05 +0930 (CST)
From:      Peter Childs <pjchilds@imforei.apana.org.au>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   ijppp ms client support

 Gday..

  I've got some patches here that I built ontop of
  2.1.5's user ppp code and it patches fine against 2.2-current
  code.

  The patches are for user ppp running as a server process, they
  let you support some of Microsofts extentions to the IPCP
  that let you negotiate name servers and netbios name servers

  You just add

  enable msext
  set ns pri-addr sec-addr
  set nbns pri-addr sec-addr

  to the ppp.conf file and it does the trick.   We find this
  useful with the newer mgetty's that detect PPP packets and
  run ppp and let PAP authenticate.

  What i'm wondering is should i submit these patches?  They
  _are_ proprietory stuff (Microsoft clients) but for lots of
  of people supporting PPP clients they include MS clients.

  Would these sort of extentions be included if I submitted
  them?  And if not, where would i put them so they aren't lots
  of all time.

 Regards,
   Peter

--