Date:      Mon, 3 Sep 2001 19:44:38 +0200
From:      Andreas Ntaflos <ntaflos.andreas@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   please help: "login_getclass unknown class 'root'"

hello ppl,

After struggling with localization (l10n) for a while and
having made changes to /etc/login.conf (and  cap_mkdb'ing)
I get some weird errors/warnings from syslog:

login: login_getclass: unknown class 'root'
login: login_getclass: no default/fallback class 'default'

I have reverted any changes made to /etc/login.conf but the
warnings keep appearing when I log in as root.

I'd like to know how to get rid of them and/or what causes
them.
I _believe_ it has something to do with the login.conf (what
else could it be?) but don't know why...

and input welcome
thanks and regards
--
	Andreas Ntaflos, ANT