Date:      Wed, 11 Dec 2002 01:21:29 -0800
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@freebsd.org>
To:        acpi-jp@jp.FreeBSD.org
Cc:        obrien@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: [acpi-jp 2036] Re: no floppy drive with acpi.ko loaded

On Wednesday, December 11, 2002, at 12:33 AM, User Takawata wrote:

>> If this mobo will always
>> require a custom .AML file I want to commit the one I have and start a
>> table of mobo/BIOS's and the custom .AML files we offer.
>
> You will need version information of the bytecode.

Wasn't someone already doing this?

At any rate, we are definitely going to need a list of rogue DSDTs and
something in the loader (for the installer case) which can detect them
and take appropriate action.

Booting from CD you have the luxury of having them all in place; the
rogue list and the required replacement AML will have to be copied by
the installer.

Floppy install will probably have to force you to copy the AML to a
new floppy and feed it in as part of the boot process.

  = Mike