Date:      Mon, 16 Mar 2009 12:55:48 -0400
From:      Steve Bertrand <steve@ibctech.ca>
To:        FreeBSD Net <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   uRPF

Hi everyone,

I've implemented RTBH within our network, but I have one small issue.

I've got one FreeBSD/Quagga edge router that has an interface which
contains a default route out. Although this will change in the next
while, at this time, it is preventing me from doing reverse path check,
thereby breaking source-based black-holing.

It appears to me that IPFW's verrevpath (and it's kin) do not provide
the ability to perform the RPF check and allow default.

Have there been any advancements in this regard? Am I missing something,
or is there another approach to allowing default with reverse path?

Regards,

Steve