Date:      Sun, 01 Mar 1998 14:04:53 -0800
From:      james matthews <coastcat@fnol.net>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Installing FreeBSD on another drive

james matthews wrote:

 Recently I purchased FreeBSD 2.2.5 and now plan to install it. In my
 present hardware configuration I have 2 hard disks: One, drive C, is
 dedicated to WIN 95 OS and dos software only; the second, drive D,
 will be used strictly for FreeBSD. My question, how do I go about
 installing FreeBSD OS on a completely separate disk (i.e. one not
 having to share it with another OS). The literature seems only to show
 how to partition it with some other drive. Also fdisk (dos) tells me
 that I can only set my C drive as the active partition. Is it
necessary  to make the drive where I'll put FreeBSD an active drive? I
would
 appreciate any info you have on this as I'm reluctant to install it and
 screw things up. Thanks
                                         Jim Matthews