Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 19:46:18 -0400
From:      "Michael Tang Helmeste" <glassfish@glassfish.net>
To:        <freebsd-security@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: Kernel message

If you get this a lot and it annoys you, I'd recommend something like
portsentry (I used to get portscanned a lot and I installed this).
You can get it here: www.psionic.com/abacus
It can block them via tcpwrappers, or even add a route for them using
'route' to make it so that they can't contact you anymore (by specifying the
route to their IP as through a dummy IP on your network). It also logs it in
syslog, and you can use the log reporting tool on the same page above, to
monitor for those types of things
I found it very useful. :)