Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 18:50:00 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/9134: update to AfterStep devel port -> 1.6.0

The following reply was made to PR ports/9134; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To: brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 13:14:15 +1030 (CST)

 On Sat, 19 Dec 1998 brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu wrote:

 > 	update of afterstep-devel port to 1.6.0.  This should probably
 > 	be made a new port category for 1.6.0 and the
 > 	afterstep-devel category should probably go away.

 Or just upgrade x11-wm/afterstep, which has been stuck at 1.0 for a couple of
 years. I asked the maintainer of that port (jfitz) a few days ago but haven't
 heard back from him.

 Note to others that this release has an annoying bug wherein exiting the cvsup
 gui will crash the WM. I've yet to receive useful feedback from the afterstep
 developers on this..

 While I'm here: Brett, could you confirm whether as1.6 has the same problems
 for you?

 Kris