Date:      Fri, 12 Jan 2001 03:52:26 +1030
From:      Greg Lewis <glewis@trc.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        Jay Higgins <JBH@sprintout.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: problem installing jdk, jre

Hi Jay,

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 10:49:36AM -0500, Jay Higgins wrote:
> Hello,
>     I'm trying to install jdk and/or jre. but i'm having a problem with
> every version i've downloaded off this site. here's the problem: at
> certain times, it will crash in the middle of installation. other
> versions will act like they are installed properly, they infact are not.
>
>     i'm trying to install a program called digichat...it says i need the
> jvm...can you lead me in the right direction?

Sure, but I think most people on the list will need more information than
"It crashes at a random point in the install or won't install properly"
to help :).  I know I will!

Can you please provide:

. FreeBSD version.
. The error message that occurs during the installation.
. The reason why you think some versions "will act like they are installed
  properly, they in fact are not".

					- Greg