Date:      Sun, 25 Jan 2009 03:26:59 +0100
From:      Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
To:        Warren Liddell <shinjii@maydias.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: error trying to burncd  thhen ecomign unkillable process

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:11:18 +1000, Warren Liddell <shinjii@maydias.com> wrote:
> I havee 2 burrners in my machine and not one off them will bburn a CD or
> DVD from command line let  alone trying to get k3b to recognise i even
> have a scsi burner...
>
> [...]
>
> After this error the ROM drives stays in a constant state of spin and
> the process refuses to die even after issuing the kill -9

I had similar problems, so I dropped burncd in favour of cdrecord
which I'm using for burning ISO data CDs.

> What am i  doing wrrong or what is wroong with my system to not allow me
> to burn a cd//dvd?

For a CD, try

	% cdrecord dev=1,0,0 speed=16 -v -eject -tao -data neroultraV7.iso

Check the SCSI device numbers using

	% camcontrol devlist

and adjust the dev= parameter accordingly.

For a DVD, try

	% growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd=neroultraV7.iso

Excange /dev/dvd for the correct drive (e. g. /dev/cd0).

> I am usingg FreeBSD 7.1-STABLE AMD64 KDE 4.1.4

I don't know exactly, but can K3B be adjusted to use a specific
command line burning tool to record pre-mastered ISO files onto
CD or DVD? Maybe you could put one of the command lines above
into this program... (I'm no KDE user, so I can't check this.)

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0