Date:      Sun, 04 Sep 2011 12:55:46 +0100
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Carmel <carmel_ny@hotmail.com>
Subject:   Re: Possible obsolete entries in /etc/make.conf

--------------enigEFB95288D3AAB1DAB1D5659B

On 04/09/2011 12:27, Carmel wrote:
> WITH_MOZILLA=3Dfirefox

This seems to be obsolete -- there's no choice to use firefox available.
 Grepping the ports tree produces only 2 ports that mention WITH_MOZILLA
(mail/mail-notification and deskutils/google-gadgets) and in those
cases, WITH_MOZILLA is an OPTIONS setting, ie. effectively a boolean.

> WITH_GECKO=3Dlibxul

This is the default, and the only choice at the moment.  There is meant
to be an option to use libxul-devel if desired, but there isn't actually
a libxul-devel port in the tree right now, so it won't do anything for yo=
u.

> Are they still relevant, or can I just remove them. Honestly, I do not
> remember exactly what they do anymore, anyway.

You can just delete them.  If you want to see what WITH_GECKO does in
mre detail, look at /usr/ports/Mk/bsd.gecko.mk

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20
                                                  Flat 3