Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:22:11 -0500
From:      Dan Janowski <danj@3skel.com>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Best" Fast Ethernet Card

Mike Smith wrote:

> > X number of bytes, seconds of system/user process time for the program?
> > Or is the stuff we are looking for happening in the kernel in a way that
> > these stats don't report?
>
> Correct.

I assume then that we have to put something in the
device driver itself; in the txloop and rxloop? What
would be the best way to get these stats out? How to
establish the time spent in the loop? It is my assumption
that no context switch can happen in these loops, or is that
not so?

I'm working up to this driver thing, in case you can't tell.

Dan

--
danj@3skel.com
Dan Janowski