Date:      Fri, 08 Dec 2000 23:13:12 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Partial start on pci + serial/parallel cards

OK.  I have a partial start on the serial/parallel cards.  It isn't
attaching anything yet, but should give people an idea on the
direction I'd like to head.

As part of this work, I'll likely remove pci attachment of sio, and
change it to puc.  puc is the name NetBSD uses (I snagged the tables
and some code from NetBSD's puc driver, btw) so I kept using it.  I'll
also need to add puc attachments to sio and ppc drivers.

I'll also need to add the bus resource allocations stuff so that the
client drivers can just use bus resource 0, ala isa.  I think that
Matt Dodd's recent work makes this relatively easy, but haven't had a
chance to look at that closely.

Again, this is preliminary and posted for commentary only.  I wanted
to get this out.
	http://people.freebsd.org/~imp/puc.tar.gz

Comments and patches welcome.

Warner