Date:      Thu, 13 Jun 1996 01:48:33 +0000
From:      "Richard Lyon" <rlyon@oznet02.ozemail.com.au>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, Phil Humpherys <humphery@joshua.itglobal.com>
Subject:   Re: emacs install

> From:          Phil Humpherys <humphery@joshua.itglobal.com>

> I'm trying to install emacs.  I got the source for 19.29, and I'm getting
> a compile error:

A few days back I compiled 19.29 and installed it without any
problems. The source code was obtained direct from prep.ai.mit.edu. The
following configure command line was used:

./configure i386-unknown-freebsd --with-x

I have FBSDR2.1 with X11R6 installed. Back in the hazy early days I
seem to remember having a link problem with _DYNAMIC. This would have
been with FBSDR1.XX and emacs early 20's versions.

Check the screen output from configure very carefully. This program
compiles and installs straight out of the box with no patches.

Regards ...