Date:      Sat, 02 Aug 1997 21:53:35 +0100
From:      Ade Lovett <ade@demon.net>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ports-current/packages-current discontinued

"Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:

>That option's already been discussed to death. ;-)

*smile*  I'm sure it has.. dontcha just love the cyclic nature of
project management concepts? :)

>The question is how to do this effectively, not in the concept.
>The concept is the easy part. ;)

Well, given the major amount of work this is going to require in
order to do things effectively, surely the first step is a
mandate from the core team that a particular 'way forward' is
the right way to go.  IMHO, 'leaving things as they are' isn't
a valid option in this case, since we can see that things are
starting to break down, as the system gets more complex.

Once the decision is made, then things can progress to discussion
about how best to implement the decision, followed by resourcing
the whole thing.

Until the decision is made about the way forward, however, then
much of the talk here is moot.

-aDe

--
Ade Lovett, Demon Internet Ltd.