Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 2010 18:50:07 -0400
From:      "Andrew J. Caines" <A.J.Caines@halplant.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ts_to_ct flood on 8.1-STABLE

Jeremy,

Thanks for the quick response.

> The source/responsible code for the printing is in function
> clock_ts_to_ct() in: src/sys/kern/subr_clock.c

I took a look at the code in an attempt to divine the reason for the
frequent messages, without success.

Any idea why I see so many? I'm not aware of any special timing related
configuration. I do run ntpd, of course. In examples I've found, others
seem to get just the one ts_to_ct message.

> 52 #define ct_debug bootverbose Are your systems booting verbosely?

By default, yes. I'd like to keep it that way without having to hack the
source. Is there another option?

--
-Andrew J. Caines-   Unix Systems Engineer   A.J.Caines@halplant.com
FreeBSD/Linux/Solaris, Web/Mail/Proxy/...   http://halplant.com:2001/