Date:      Mon, 4 Jan 1999 23:21:02 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Robert <robert@namodn.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   apache + counter

Hi.

I installed a simple counter on my server's main website.

It does a server side include to read a number from a file everytime the
page is accessed, and then increments the number.

I like the simplicity of this approach, also the fact that it is
Lynx-friendly.

However, I am trying to figure out how I can make apache not process this
particular include, possibly not even parse the file at all if neccessary,
if the hit is coming from my own server.

I am going to search apache.org of course, but I was hoping someone could
save me a little time on this ;)

Also, recommendations for a counter that outputs text and has such
features as I have listed above would be most welcome ..( that is, ability
to not count hits coming from specified domains/ip addresses )

TIA,
-rob
( www.namodn.com )
( robert@namodn.com )