Date:      Thu, 6 Jun 96 15:21:43 EDT
From:      gtc@aloft.att.com (gary.corcoran)
To:        fm00vill@facm.ucsb.edu, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re:  Which dual Pentium motherboard? Cyrix SMP?

"N.Villacorta" <fm00vill@facm.ucsb.edu> asked:

>In anticipation of the SMP FreeBSD, which of the following
>motherboards would you recommend for a dual Pentium System (all
>support PARITY & ECC; and have the revised Triton-II chipset:
>
>a) AMI Titan-III (EISA/PCI) (AMI Bios)
>b) TYAN Tomcat-II (ISA/PCI) (Award Bios)
>c) TYAN Tempest-II (EISA/PCI) (Award Bios)
>
>I've heard that mixing EISA/PCI can be a "headache"?

I don't have any experience with systems with two Pentiums in them,
but I do have an AMI Titan-II EISA/PCI motherboard (which can accept
two Pentiums) that I use to run (among others) FreeBSD.  I haven't had
any "headaches" with the mixing of EISA/PCI with my system.

Just one data point for you...

Gary