Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 14:36:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Fumerola <billf@chc-chimes.com>
To:        Ben Vaughn <bvaughn@prophetnetworks.net>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Distro sendmail and 'no relay'ing

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Ben Vaughn wrote:

> 	I run a mail gateway for many of my customers on FreeBSD
> 3.1-STABLE. The problem is, the customers are all using different isps,
> and sendmail regularly denies them the ability to send mail through me. I
> know about /etc/mail/relay-domains, but with so many customers it is hard
> to get a read on all of them, talk to them, and find out what isps they
> use. Does anyone know of a way to disable the relay blocking?

Ben,

This is a bad idea (it opens you up for spammers), however,
www.sendmail.org has a page devoted to mixing up your relay blocking
rules. Please at least use the RBL if you open up your relaying.

- bill fumerola - billf@chc-chimes.com - BF1560 - computer horizons corp -
- ph:(800) 252-2421 - bfumerol@computerhorizons.com - billf@FreeBSD.org  -