Date:      Tue, 18 Nov 2014 09:38:28 +0800
From:      Sato Kentney <satokentney@gmail.com>
To:        Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au>
Cc:        FreeBSD Net <net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: dragonflybsd's ipfw

i agree,
i am not good in english as networking administor from Tokyo.
but when i read the page, i see that the main idea is so call "modular
design" and there is a long way to catch up the freebsd's ipfw

anyway, i dont think it can compare to freebsd's ipfw, as Smith said their
ipfw is the version without in-kernel NAT and tables .all these important
features

On Mon, Nov 17, 2014 at 5:07 PM, Ian Smith <smithi@nimnet.asn.au> wrote:

> On Mon, 17 Nov 2014 15:48:13 +0800, Sato Kentney wrote:
>
>  > I saw a email in dragonflybsd email list, someone is doing this!
>  > http://www.dragonflybsd.org/docs/ipfw2/
>
> We've had 'ipfw2' for a very long while.  I couldn't help wondering why
> DF wouldn't just import our many years of development and experience
> rather than using bycn82's 'rewrite'? .. but DF already has ipfw2:
>
> http://leaf.dragonflybsd.org/cgi/web-man?command=3Dipfw&section=3DANY
>
> man page dated October 2008.  Before tables, in-kernel NAT, later
> dummynet updates and no doubt more.  So why not start from there?
>
> cheers, Ian

--=20
=E3=81=82=E3=82=8A=E3=81=8C=E3=81=A8=E3=81=86
=E4=BD=90=E8=97=A4=E6=9F=AF=E5=BE=B7
Sato K.