Date:      Sat, 19 Dec 1998 19:40:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/9134: update to AfterStep devel port -> 1.6.0

The following reply was made to PR ports/9134; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
To: Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 20:31:13 -0700 (MST)

 Hi,

 > Or just upgrade x11-wm/afterstep, which has been stuck at 1.0 for a
 > couple of years. I asked the maintainer of that port (jfitz) a few
 > days ago but haven't heard back from him.

 Nope - we want to leave 1.0 as a backup for people who like the old AS.

 > While I'm here: Brett, could you confirm whether as1.6 has the same
 > problems for you?

 You probably won't hear from AS developers on this - they all use Linux of
 some sort and don't seem to have any experience w/ CVS less yet CVSup from
 what I've gathered.

 I'll check tomorrow for the CVSup problem - I'm at home and have a weird
 DHCP thing where I can't use the GUI due to my IP not being resolved.
 (the same non-resolving IP address causes me not to be able to set my X
 display to my home machine either).  :-P

 Brett