Date:      Thu, 21 Dec 1995 07:54:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Berger <peterb@telerama.lm.com>
To:        Bill Henderson <wjh@bhoss.ifx.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spliting Newsgroups accross partiotions ?

On Wed, 20 Dec 1995, Bill Henderson wrote:

> Can anyone tell me how to split say the alt. group across partitions ?
>
> have a drive /dev/sd1a that I just added and would like to
> put just the alt. group on it using INN

1) Throttle (or shutdown) your news server.
2) Move the tree over (using tar or the newfangled mv)
3) Create a symlink in the old tree.
4) Read the INN FAQ and change the flags in the many, many scripts which
will cause INN to completely fail utterly and didactically if you are
using multiple partitions and haven't read the INN faq.

"The law locks up both man and woman / Who steals the goose from off the common,
But lets the greater felon loose / Who steals the common from the goose." -anon
      Peter Berger - peterb@telerama.lm.com - http://www.lm.com/~peterb