Date:      Sat, 3 Oct 1998 16:36:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        brett@lariat.org (Brett Glass)
Cc:        freebsd-advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Device Drivers for Linux and Intel's annoucement

> At 02:20 PM 10/3/98 +1000, John Birrell wrote:
>
> >Maybe you'd be better off looking at other FreeBSD distributions like
> >http://www.cybernet.com/ (NetMAX), for example,
>
> >From what I can see, NetMAX could be a worthy alternative but is priced
> quite high. It's tough to tell whether it would make it at a $500
> price point.
>
> --Brett

If they do decent support and Netware access they'd have a shot.

If it's just IP and Appletalk there's plenty of freeware from
FreeBSD/Linux/NetBSD/OpenBSD that'd work.

The trick is having the code to allow it to work in the Netware 4
or Netware 3 environment.  These guys are looking for platforms
that might have more of a lifespan than Netware 3 or 4 and they're
unsure about going to Netware 5.  Most are now trying NT.  There's
a lot of Oracle on netware out there that's looking for a home on either
NT or Unix.

The same holds true with OS/2 Server... A lot of them run Notes and apps
like Oracle or DB/2.  For file services just about anything will work
with them.

Bill