Date:      Sat, 2 Nov 1996 16:21:58 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Brian N. Handy" <handy@sag.space.lockheed.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: 2.2-961006-SNAP keyboard lockup

Hey folks --

I've been paying attention to the list, but maybe I've missed something.
I quote myself (and then Jordan) from an old post:

>> I do occasionally have keyboard lockups too, but only under X.  I'm not
>> sure that mine is a FreeBSD problem however -- I'm running Xaccel.  If I
>> log out my session (The mouse still works) and log back in, I find that I
>> have control of the keyboard again.  (I run 960801-SNAP.)
>
>When it locks up, is it possible to run this from a mouse menu button
>or something and see if it fixes it?
>
>echo "set ipending=2" | gdb -k -w /kernel /dev/mem >/dev/null 2>&1

I just tried this.  This is in a script, suid root, which is then called
from within my .fvwmrc.  It didn't seem to help anything, in fact it made
things worse.  Before (If I remember right, it was a few hours ago) I
could cut n' paste with the mouse.  After doing this, hitting a mouse
button from within a window only pulled up the "ctrl-mouse button" menus.

I'm running an old SNAP, and maybe this has been fixed, or maybe I've done
something wrong with my script.  If there's something else I can do to
help figure this out I'm up for it.

Regards,

Brian