Date:      Thu, 17 Dec 2009 11:25:15 +0100 (CET)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <gerald@FreeBSD.org>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        Oliver Fromme <oliver@FreeBSD.org>, Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
Subject:   standards/141705: libc lacks cexp (and friends)

>Number:         141705
>Category:       standards
>Synopsis:       libc lacks cexp (and friends)
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
	FreeBSD up to and include 8.0, from what I can tell, does not
	provide cexp and related functions as part of libc.  This is
	in contrast to GNU libc, say, and prevents GCC leveraging some
	more advanced optimizations during compile time.

	In other words, some numeric code will run slower on FreeBSD
	than other systems due to the lack of cexp in libc.
>How-To-Repeat:
>Fix:
	Once this is fixed, GCC will need to be adjusted similarly,
	which I can help with.