Date:      Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:17:42 -0700
From:      Fred Boatwright <fred@blakemfg.com>
To:        Steven Susbauer <steven@too1337.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: firefox install problem

Hello Steve,

I have not had any luck installing the package manually.  The file is a
tar.gz which pkg_add apparently can't handle.  I did download
firefox.tar.gz and unpacked it.  Pkg_info says it is corrupt.  Changes
were apparently made to this package about two weeks ago and possibly
something didn't happen correctly.  Should this be reported to a
different mail list or should a bug report be made?  Or am I mistaken?

If a package needed to be installed manually, how would pkg_add know to
get all the dependencies remotely?  Firefox has a huge list of
dependencies which would be very difficult to deal with manually.

Best regards,

Fred