Date:      Wed, 25 Feb 1998 16:23:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Jason R. Andresen" <jandrese@vt.edu>
To:        Max Euston <meuston@jmrodgers.com>
Cc:        "'FreeBSD Hackers'" <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: New utilities: factor(1) and wid(1)?

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Max Euston wrote:

=)I have 2 utilities that are not in FreeBSD.
=)
=)- The first if factor(1) ala SVR4.  It prints the prime factors of a
=)number.  I sometimes use it to find the "most efficient" geometry for a HD.
=) It is written for 'long's, but I want to have it pick 'int'/'long'/'long
=)long' (all unsigned) based on the input for speed (it uses adds, not
=)multiplies).
=)
I believe that factor(1) is already a part of the games distribution.
(Unless someone claimed a copyright on it ;)