Date:      Thu, 17 Feb 2000 22:05:44 -0800
From:      "Colin Belton" <colin@SilkRoadInteractive.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   link down

Hi folk

I'm new to BSD a have installed FreeBSD v3.3. The install went without a
hitch. I am however getting the following messages on all my terminals

de0:link down:cable problem?
and
(some date here) localhost last message repeated 115 times

de0 is working fine as far as I can see. I am able to get around my internal
network with this card and also access the internet with this card.

So what does this mean and what do I need to fix?

Many thanks

Colin