Date:      Mon, 06 Nov 2000 21:30:13 -0800
From:      "j telford" <jtelford@visto.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   shutdown -r after rebooting  ?

Version 4.1.1
Due to a slight error I had to boot up under kernel.old. I fixed that but=
 now=20
whenever I 'shutdown -r now' the box does a clean shutdown, restarts but =
just=20
waits at the prompt 'FreeBSD: F1' , hit it and it comes up fine.
Is there a way to get it back to starting up on it's own again ? Because =
I=20
forgot and just restarted it remotely and will have to wait till users ge=
t on-
site in the AM to hit Enter to bring the thing up. doh doh doh

John...
(Ignore the Visto footnote)