Date:      Wed, 11 Jul 2001 12:29:28 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Joseph Mallett <jmallett@newgold.net>
To:        Bill Moran <wmoran@iowna.com>
Cc:        Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>, <freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD Mall now BSDCentral

> Are you saying you use DHCP for servers? If so, maybe I should shut up
> and
> listen for a while because apparently there's something here I can
> learn.

I did for a long time because I simply couldn't get a static IP from my
ISP. Hell, I'd love to use it now, then I wouldn't have to make sure I
hardcode the IP/route/netmask/etc. into all my startup scripts on every
box. But maybe convenience is a bad thing.

--
Joseph A. Mallett
http://srcsys.org

xMach Core Team, www.xMach.org