Date:      Mon, 9 Nov 1998 13:14:57 -0600 (CST)
From:      John Sconiers <jrs@enteract.com>
To:        VEGA <vega@d132-h017.rh.rit.edu>
Cc:        Steve Friedrich <SteveFriedrich@Hot-Shot.com>, FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Plea to core team

> > Instead of doing the below maybe what should be done is place something on
> > the istall page that says:
> >
> > "3.0-Release should not be installed on production systems.  It is for
> > developers etc etc etc ...
> >
> > JOHN
> >

> even a better idea than not releasing it ;)
> i _do_ think it needs to bl clearer on the webpage, for the microsoft
> monkeys out there who don't see things unless they use the blink tag.
> once again, we can thank bill gates for the idiofying of the computer
> world.

I don't think that would be fare.  I upgraded from 2.2.7 to 3.0-release
maybe about 2 weeks after it was released for many resons.

1.  IDE cd-burner and tape drive support (I have an IDE tape Drive on the
    desktop)
2.  SCSI System change
3.  better mouse sound, pnp, support,(desktop)
4.  Async IO
5.  Lern more about the development as well as develop my own projects
    etc.

This wouls have not been possible if I couldn't get the newest release
version.

JOHN