Date:      Wed, 1 May 1996 16:04:37 -0500
From:      craigh@bugsoft.com (Craig A. Heilman)
To:        dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Q: Install prob. w/ 1 IDE & 1 SCSI drive

At 11:25 05/01/96, Doug White wrote:
>On Mon, 29 Apr 1996, Craig A. Heilman wrote:
[...]
>> (3) I assumed that if I installed BootEasy on wd0, then I would initially
>> boot off wd0 where BootEasy would take over, give me a choice of OS, then
>> boot FreeBSD no matter where it lives! (ie. above the 500MB BIOS limit).
>> Is this an incorrect assumption?  Will BootEasy work for my situation and
>> which drive should it go on?
>
>BootEasy must go on the first disk, and it does not overcome the DOS
>BIOS limitation.

OK - BootEasy must go on my first disk (IDE).  The question that still
remains is "can my FreeBSD root partition reside above the 500MB limit (ie.
can I put it on the SCSI drive)?"  Or am I always forced to put FreeBSD's
root partition below the 500 MB limit?

Thanks,

Craig

*  Craig A. Heilman                        Bugaboo Software              *
*  craigh@bugsoft.com              Software Engineering & Consulting     *
*  (608) 274-2003                       http://www.bugsoft.com/          *