Date:      Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:26:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      pfgshield-freebsd@yahoo.com
To:        Wesley Shields <wxs@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: regression-test

--- Gio 19/6/08, Wesley Shields <wxs@FreeBSD.org> ha scritto:

>=20
> Which is why I would recommend wrapping them in checks for
> MAINTAINER_MODE or something similar.  This way you, as the
> maintainer,
> can turn them on when you want but they don't affect
> anything else.
>=20
Good reasons NOT to hide them are:

- I don't have i386 or sparc64 platforms but the upstream maintainers frequ=
ently want to know if there are issues to fix in those platforms.

- When a real big package takes an hour or so to build, running a 5 min. te=
st to validate it is really worth it.

- When many ports depend on a single library, testing that library saves us=
 from difficult-to-find bugs in all the ports that depend on it.

Pedro.
=0A=0A=0A      ___________________________________ =0AScopri il Blog di Yah=
oo! Mail: trucchi, novit=E0, consigli... e la tua opinione!=0Ahttp://www.ym=
ailblogit.com/blog/