Date:      Sat, 07 Feb 2004 13:45:10 -0500
From:      Chad M Stewart <cms@balius.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Starting two instances of bind - method?

I want to run two instances of Bind 9 on the same box.  Both will be
chrooted and have their own IPs.  At some point I may choose to put
them in jails, but for now no.  One step at a time. :)

I'm wondering what suggestions people might have for getting each
started up during the normal boot process.  I see the options in
/etc/defaults/rc.conf and could put my own stuff in /etc/rc.conf but as
far as I can tell that would only work for a single instance.  How
would I get the other instance to start up?   The same binary can be
used for both, just different configuration files and chroots.

Thanks,
Chad