Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 02:44:35 -0500
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   oops...  nevermind what I said about qpopper

A few days ago, I responded to a post asking how to get qpopper to
run on FreeBSD.  One of the things I mentioned, was to change the
directories in popper.h.  DO NOT DO THIS, YOU MAY LOOSE MAIL.

Earlier tonight, I lost an untold amount of mail when my server
rebooted.  Of course, in /etc/rc. /tmp is cleaned up.  Nothing
survives...  not even temporary mail files.  Damn blanktime
thingie... grrr....

Oh well... I didn't loose anything important... just the 2-300
messages I get each day from various lists. :)

ttyl,

Troy

(Oh, it now seems that the easiest way to get qpopper to work, is to
'chmod 1777 /var/mail'  Are there any religious reasons why I don't
want to do this?)

--
Troy Settle <st@i-Plus.net>
Network Administrator, iPlus Internet Services

( Stuff I said does not reflect the company I work  )
( for unless I'm speaking on behalf of said company )