Date:      Tue, 20 Feb 1996 08:05:55 -0500
From:      ravenpub@southwind.net (Carl D. Cravens)
To:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Error running FIPS, Last cylinder not free...

On Mon, 19 Feb 1996 13:39:47 -0700 (MST) in list.freebsd, you wrote:
>The locked stuff is the Windows Swap file.
>
>You can defrag it as well by disabling swapping during the defarag process.
>
>I assume you are running the defrag from the right-button properties panel
>for the drive instead of from the command line of a DOS window.

The Windows swap file is a contiguous chunk... the locked stuff I'm
talking about was single blocks scattered over my entire drive.  I never
identified what they were, but ORG moves 'em when DOS 6.22's defrag
won't.  Neither ORG (in default mode) won't move the swap file and
defrag has no options to modify that feature.

--
Carl (ravenpub@southwind.net)
* I don't have TIME to be charming...