Date:      Tue, 26 Sep 2006 12:41:50 +0100
From:      John M Collins <jmc@xisl.com>
To:        Bruce M Simpson <bms@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/103624: Problem installing on Dell Powervault 745N

--=-/KNeE1kygQPfWaPpXAFY

Hi I run pciconf -lv and it gave the following output in relation to the
disk drive:

atapci0epci2:2:0
class=0x010600
card=0x01661d28
chip=0x32008086
rev=0x00
hdr=0x0

When the matchine boots it says:

Intel (R) 31244 Serial AA Dell inc DPA Mode BIOS V1.6.2.000

In relation to the guy's other machine which I couldn't get to work, the
Dell Dimension 9200, Dell said go to Intel to ask more, Intel said it
was a proprietary Dell BIOS and they couldn't help us.

Hope you can help a bit - if only to tell us we're stuffed!

Thanks

On Mon, 2006-09-25 at 18:07 +0000, Bruce M Simpson wrote:

> Synopsis: Problem installing on Dell Powervault 745N
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: bms
> State-Changed-When: Mon Sep 25 18:05:31 UTC 2006
> State-Changed-Why:
> We need more information about this beast.
>
> >From what little from-the-hip google research I have done, I
> learn that this thing is a Pentium 4 machine with a SATA backplane.
>
> What we'd need to know is what kind of controller it has.
> For that, it may be best if you can load and run FreeBSD via CDROM
> or possibly FreeSBIE -- we need to get the system up to single
> user from a CDROM or NFS or ram disk, run pciconf -lv and get
> the IDs of the RAID controller which is being problematic.
>
> Hope this helps!

John Collins <jmc@xisl.com> Xi Software Ltd www.xisl.com
6 West Burrowfield, Welwyn Garden City, Herts, AL7 4TW
Tel: 0870 1163814 (Direct) 07799 113162 (Mobile)
International: +44 1707 886110 (Direct) +44 7799 113162 (Mobile)

--=-/KNeE1kygQPfWaPpXAFY--