Date:      Thu, 04 Feb 1999 11:02:39 -0800
From:      ONE-MO <onemo@jps.net>
To:        "Viren R. Shah" <viren@rstcorp.com>
Cc:        stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Compaq ida driver patch

I booted a 2.2.7 ida install floppy and checked the device settings there. It
showed the port at 0x0 so I tried that and it detected the actual port of
0x1000. I tried kernel configs with both 0x0 and 0x1000, either way I still
can't access with 3.0-based utils. I am able to access it and setup a filesystem
on it using the 2.2.7 floppy - but booting back to 3.0, I get the same lock
trying to mount the fs.

This definately appears to be a 3.0 issue. I'll check the commit logs later
today and see if I can track any changes to the wd driver, since the ida still
cuckoos it.

Thanks for the help, I too can play a bit on my machine - unfortunately, I'm not
really a C programmer.... more like a blind hacker wannabe ;^)

MO!