Date:      Thu, 08 Feb 1996 13:25:59 -0800
From:      Roger Smith <rogers@tcoe.k12.ca.us>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   lnc0 not initialising...

I am running 2.1.0 and very much a novice, so bear with me.  I have a HP
J2405A lan card (NE2100 compatible) at x300 and IRQ 10.  I have set the
kernel (-c at boot up) like that.  FreeBSD boots just fine but as it is
booting, I get the message:

   lnc0: Initialisation failed
   lnc0: flags=827<UP,BROADCAST,DEBUG,NOTRAILERS,SIMPLEX> mtu 1500
         inet 204.xxx.x.xxx netmask 0xffffff00
         broadcast 204.xxx.x.255
         ether 08:00:09:68:dd:dd

It seems to see the card, that IS it's MAC address.  I can ping to my own
IP, but when I try to go out the link (it is connected to the network), I
get:  ping: sendto: network down.

Anything anyone can think of that I missed?

Roger

rogers@tcoe.k12.ca.us              |  Opinions
Tulare County Office of Education  |       are
Information Systems (209 733-6027) |         my
System Programmer Analyst          |          own...