Date:      Wed, 03 Jul 1996 22:19:55 -0400
From:      Stephen Couchman <Stephen.Couchman@iwds.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        Stephen.Couchman@iwds.com
Subject:   Iomega Jaz drive questions

(Note: I am resending this note, since I am having problems with my other mail account.  Any
and all help would be most appreciated.)

I have just purchased a Jaz drive, and after reviewing the questions in
the archive, I have a couple of my own:

1. How do I go about formatting the disk to be used as a Unix partition?  I want to mount it
so that I can backup my data to it.

2. Is there a resolution  to the 'sleep' issue?  If I access the drive after it has powered
down, it causes a 'panic'.  Would placing a simple 'ls' to /dev/null in cron work around the
problem, or do I need to mount and unmount the drive?

Are there any other issues that I should be looking out for?

Thanks -- Stephen

Stephen.Couchman@iwds.com		 http://www.iwds.com/