Date:      Mon, 26 Dec 1994 13:23:11 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <rgrimes@gndrsh.aac.dev.com>
To:        roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier ROBERT)
Cc:        peter@bonkers.taronga.com, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: /etc/rc.shutdown (And some free association about logging)

> > even after you've modified FTPD to log more stuff under -l). I've started
> > adding code there to select on program name as well as the rather overly broad
> > facilities... but if it's already done by some miracle I'd like to avoid
>
> Yes, that would be nice.
>
> > (Any interest in a nosier ftpd?)
>
> Count me on this one.

Try out wu-ftpd, it is in ports, and logs every connection, and file transfer,
it can even refuse connectios on hosts it can not get a reverse look up on.

Please, don't reinvent the wheel, if wu-ftp does not log what you want I
would be very amazed.  (Though, it does this without the aid of syslogd :-().