Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 2015 13:36:05 +0200
From:      Baptiste Daroussin <bapt@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Dmitry Sivachenko <demon@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org, current@FreeBSD.org, stable@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: pkg 1.5.0 is out

--u5E4XgoOPWr4PD9E

On Sun, Apr 19, 2015 at 02:22:15PM +0300, Dmitry Sivachenko wrote:
>=20
> > On 14 =D0=B0=D0=BF=D1=80. 2015 =D0=B3., at 23:05, Baptiste Daroussin <b=
apt@FreeBSD.org> wrote:
> >=20
> > Final pkg 1.5.0 has been released.
> >=20
>=20
> Thank a lot for working on pkg!
>=20
> >=20
> > For pkg 1.6.0 among other things and depending on the time, here is wha=
t we do
> > plan to work on:
> > - <please add here you personal ideas>
> >=20
>=20
>=20
> What I really miss a lot is support for package "profiles": an ability to=
 build the same port with different OPTIONs combination.
> For example:
> minimal nginx version;
> nginx version with passenger module (for puppet server)
> nginx version with some other rare options turned on for custom applicati=
on.
>=20
> Right now I achieve this with manually renaming /var/db/ports/*/options f=
iles and some manipulations in /usr/ports/packages/All.
> But a framework to automatically handle this would be very useful.
>=20
> Thanks.
>=20
This is already supported on pkg side, the work needs to be done in ports s=
ide,
what you call profiles, I usually call it flavours but that is the same.

Dependencies made on provides/requires allows to handle dependencies in thi=
s:

For example
A can depend on nginx (whatever profile):
so it requires "nginx"
B can only depend on nginx-passenger:
so it requires nginx-passenger

nginx itself provides: nginx
nginx-passenger provides: nginx and nginx-passenger

that should do what you want unfortunatly that mean both nginx nginx-passen=
ger
both have one origin: www/nginx and this will break
portupgrade/portmaster/tinderbox/poudriere (I can easily make poudriere fri=
endly
for that but I can't for the others).

So most of the work is now on ports land (and maybe a couple of bug fixes in
pkg)

Best regards,
Bapt

--u5E4XgoOPWr4PD9E