Date:      Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:53:02 -0500
From:      walter.dexter@mcd.com
To:        freebsd-cvsweb@freebsd.org
Subject:   Directory name with spaces

--<<001-40bcd096-64b8>>

One of the users of my CVS server has complained that CVSWEB isn't able to
download files located in a directory with spaces in its name.

Is this a known issue? Is there a patch or work-around, aside from not
using spaces?

It appears to work fine for everything except the download link. For
example, the "view - text" link for a revision generates the following URL:

http://usitcvs/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/cvstest/dir%20with%20space/hi.txt?rev=1.1;content-type=text%2Fplain

whereas the "download" link generates:

http://usitcvs/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/cvstest/dir+with+space/hi.txt?rev=1.1;content-type=text%2Fplain

which works fine if I change the "+" to "%20" by hand.

It honestly seems possible to me that I'm out-of-date on some Perl library
or something, but this admin gig is a very small part of my list of
assigned tasks, so I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.
Looking at the code, I'd guess something needs to be tweaked in
download_url(), but I'm no Perl guy, either.

Thanks,

Walt Dexter
McDonald's Corporation
630-623-2058
walter.dexter@mcd.com

--<<001-40bcd096-64b8>>

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents is
confidential, may be privileged, and is intended solely for the person and/or
entity to whom it is addressed (i.e. those identified in the "To" and "cc"
box). They are the property of McDonald's Corporation. Unauthorized review,use,
disclosure, or copying of this communication, or any part thereof, is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have received this e-mail in error,
please return the e-mail and attachments to the sender and delete the e-mail
and attachments and any copy from your system.  McDonald's thanks you for your
cooperation.

--<<001-40bcd096-64b8>>--