Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 07:47:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Adam Strohl <adams@digitalspark.net>
To:        Thomas David Rivers <rivers@dignus.com>
Cc:        dcs@newsguy.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd@sasknow.com, peter.jeremy@alcatel.com.au
Subject:   Re: sysinstall: is it really at the end of its lifecycle?

On Wed, 15 Dec 1999, Thomas David Rivers wrote:

>  This is important to note...   25% of all the installs I do are
> on MGA (remember monochrome graphics adapter - a hercules card.)

True, hence there would be other display targets, ie; CUI, and I like
Jordan's text-only non GUI idea, too.  It doesn't really matter.  The new
sysinstall architecture should be such that it is completely indepentent
of the UI (or lack there of).

> So, I would not be in favor of any replacement that required a VESA
> or VGA platform...

I agree, this would not be a requirement, just another option.

-  UNIX Operations/Systems               http://www.digitalspark.net  -
-  adams (at) digitalspark.net                    xxx.xxx.xxxx xxxxx  -