Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 03:57:54 +0000
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@airnet.net>
To:        dg@root.com
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: another record

David Greenman wrote:

>    I'd like to keep it as a single machine. The whole idea is to show people
> how far FreeBSD can scale and how well it works on (relatively) inexpensive
> hardware.

I've been using that idea for quite sometime. Someone mentions Linux and I open
an ftp session to wcarchive. Then they see that it is a (spec wise) massive
machine, yet doesn't sport much processing power. And I tell them that it kicks
out over 400GB a day and their facial expression changes. It's one hell of a
promo for FreeBSD.

>           Our ISP would very much like us to put another server on the east
> coast, however, in order to better balance the traffic loads. I don't really
> want to do that until the physical limits of the hardware have been reached.

Their's or your's ? :-)
--
Kris Kirby
UAH Mail <kirbyk@email.uah.edu> UAH CS <kkirby@cs.uah.edu>