Date:      Wed, 26 Jan 2005 17:45:08 +0300
From:      Onur Gurhan <ogurhan@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Need some Unix help Please!

Hello,

I need some help with Ipfw if you could be so kind,

I'm having some difficulty setting up the port forwarding at my office
and was wondering if your could help me out...

here's how the network is:

we have and internal regular "office" network.. with their own DSL
using a dsl modem as a router..they use static IP's and use the DSL
gateway..

then there's a secondary Internet connection which is a dedicated
Sattelite Dish with a static IP for our webserver.

Here's the dilemma:

I'm using a Dual proc G5 Xserve running OS 10.3.7 as the firewall/NAT/DHCP

only a few VIP's get to use the sat dish for net. so most of it's
bandwidth is dedicated to our server for hosting our site..

the problem i'm facing is configuring the port forwarding..

the Xserve has 2 nic's... en0 is 84.11.14.5 which is the Static IP for the WAN
en1 is 192.168.0.3 the LAN/router/gateway IP....

the webserver is 192.168.0.11

basically: when people type "84.11.14.5" and (whatever DNS we attach
to it later) into their web browser.. they should recieve the webpage
hosted on 192.168.0.11. I want to forward ports 80 and 22.

sounds simple enough.. maybe i'm just missing something... I scoured
the net and found a small "port forwarding" guide... in which u edit
the natd.plist file... but it didn't work out for me... here's the
link:   http://www.labo-apple.com/en/articles/os+x+server/s+x+server-277
 the NAT worked.. when i have the interface set to en1. so it was
working internally only.. i couldn't reach the internet and no one
from the internet could reach it either..set to en0 the internet
NAT'ing worked but then the webserver didn't work...

If your could help I would really appreciate it, I'm really in a Jam

Thank you,

Onur Gurhan